Sunday, December 21, 2008

If you have to take down your tree on the 21st is Christmas over?

So over the past few days I have been noticing these weird little mosquito like bugs that flop around and appear to be dying all over the house. Well I just attributed it to Florida weather and the many bugs that live here. Well Yesterday and today it was getting really bad and it occurred to us that they might be coming from the Christmas Tree. Upon further investigation the truth came out and they were in fact coming from the tree. We purchased the tree from Home Depot the day after Thanksgiving and we loved it! It was my best decorated tree yet. We watered it everyday and it is still very much alive but it will now reside in the dump. I couldn't take it anymore and so 4 days early we took down our tree tonight. I am so devastated can you really have Christmas morning with no tree? What are we to do? I am not sure that I have the energy to set up another tree. This Florida Christmas is getting weirder and weirder. So here are some pictures of the tree all beautiful and some pictures we tried to get of the bugs. The dark picture is of the tree skirt all all buggified and now in the garbage.

Anything that you see that is black is a gross bug!





6 comments:

Seriously... said...

so sad!!! can you get a little artificial tree or something? just something to put presents under? if you weren't going to be at your house for christmas i wouldn't worry about it...but since you're there...

I would just find something little and cheap. and without bugs. gross!!!

Danielle and Fam said...

YUCK! Get a fake tree..no bugs.
Love ya!

Jenni said...

Awwww. That is so sad! Yucky. Just play lots of Christmas music and put all your presents on the hearth under your stockings and no one will notice.

Mother of Three said...

That is horrible! I am so sorry for that! The tree was beautiful though! Congrats on coming back to Cali by the way, that will be great!

sarah said...

That is sick, you guys just need to get back to California ASAP! I hope you still had a great christmas morning despite not having a tree.

Brigg and Dianne said...

I hope your Christmas was wonderful, with or without a tree. I'll bet this will be one of those Christmas stories you tell over the years and you'll look back on it and laugh. Your original one was beautiful, though!