Sunday, December 14, 2008

California here we come right back where we started from!

So we found out that we got the Camp Pendleton spot on friday and we are so excited! This is where we wanted to go from the list that we were given. The major downside is that Mike will deploy to Afghanistan in either Feb or May. He will be gone for 7 months. With baby Shelby coming in Jan we are hoping now that we get the May deployment. We are so thrilled however that we are going back to a familiar spot where we have friends and know the area! The kids are very excited as well as us that we are going to get back to Disneyland!!! It will also be nice to be close to family as well, Pensacola is so far away. Anyway we feel blessed and even with the deployment we know that the Lord is looking out for us!

7 comments:

Kendyl said...

Nice! Congrats...good luck with the baby!

Jenni said...

Wow. That is great that you guys get to come back to Cali but sucks that Mike has to be deployed. I am glad he will be there for baby Shelby's first moments though. I couldn't imagine having to do that alone!

Danielle and Fam said...

YIPEE! The closer the better. Than we can actually see ya! Have a great Christmas Shannon! I'm sad that Mike hast to be deployed, but it will all be worth it in the end right?

Brittany said...

Welcome back (unofficially)!!!! I know how much you guys liked it here and how much the kids did too, I am excited to see that new little baby of yours!!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Yay! That is great news!! I love that you picked the name Shelby. So cute! Can't wait until you are out West again!

Annie said...

I'm so happy for you and really jealous- I'm more jealous than happy for you but that is just because I really want to go back- But yea for you guys I can't wait to see you back there- You know when I visit.

Amanda said...

We are so excited that you are coming back. It will be good to get together again.