Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shelby is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby is here and she is spectacular!!! Shelby was born on Jan 15th at 3:00, she weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long! I was induced and started the pitocin at 11:00, they broke my water at 1:00 and then they started the epidural at 1:30ish. I was feeling pretty good and then my mom got to the hospital and then at 2:30 I was at a 5 centimeters and then it started to hurt real bad. The epidural was not working and I was feeling the pressure to push and then all of a sudden the room was filled with people and I was screaming to push! Then in about 2 pushes she was here and was all tangled in the cord! She was looking great but was not making any noise! She soon was making little squeaks but that was it and I have still not heard her cry. She is super chill and loves to sleep and seriously she has not cried yet but makes little squeaks when she needs something! Sydney and Andrew and my dad got to the hospital around 4:00 and were sooooo excited to see Shelby! They were sooo sweet and tender and so excited and loved looking at all her tiny little fingers and ears and nose and tongue!!!!

These are some pictures that Mike took and I will try and get some more pictures from my dads camera when I get the chance. I am feeling great and things are going well! Shelby is doing great and sure loves her sleep we have to wake her to get her to eat but I know that will change soon enough! Thanks to everyone for your love and support!!

Another post to come soon!!!









15 comments:

Jamie and Kiley said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Glad to hear everything went well!

Colle said...

Congratulations!!! What a cute little girl!!

Ammon and Tasha said...

PRECIOUS!! Shannon she is sooo stinking cute!! I am glad that she is finally here! that last month of pregnancy can kill any women!
:) Cant wait to meet her in person! congrats!

Mandy said...

Shannon, Congratulations! Shelby is gorgeous and I love the name. You make three look so easy. Love you guys!

sarah said...

congrats guys! She is super cute. I am so excited to meet her in person. i am so excited you guys are coming back.

Seriously... said...

so so so so cute!!! we need more pictures :) good close ups of her face! I hear she looks like sydney, but want to see for myself. Don't you love the new-sleepy-babies (especially when you pick them up and they stay all curled up with their legs tucked up). Anyway, so fun. How are you guys adjusting to life back at home? Does mike have any time off? Are his parents coming down at all? when do you move? so many questions. She is super cute, i can't wait until we can meet her. Will you be in SD in February? we want to come down once you guys are all settled.

Amanda said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. I am excited to meeet her. Shane also wanted me to tell you he is excited to play Thomas trains with Andrew.

Annie said...

She is so adorable. Congrats to you guys. Good work on your part- Can't wait to meet her.

Jenni said...

Congratulations! Now we have matching kids. Good job! She is beautiful and I love her name.

Danielle and Fam said...

OH SHE IS DARLING! She looks just like one of your kids. I hope you are feeling goooood and I hope to see you SOON!

Orange Peanut said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful Shannon! May you all rest well and adjust to this new little one in your home!

Brigg and Dianne said...

She looks just like your other two! What a beautiful baby! Congratulations Shannon and Mike!

Jamie C. said...

COngratulations Crandalls! SHe is gorgeous and I am so glad things went well and that there is another perfect little Crandall in the world! Can't wait to see more pictures!

millie said...

congrats!!! i love the name shelby, good choice! i haven't checked your blog in ages and was so happy to get caught up with you guys! Jenny told me you guys were coming back our way, so fun! Congratulations again, I hope you recover swiftly and we'll see you soon.

Amanda said...

Congrautlations - she is beautiful! I am not positive if I ever met you Shannon and I don't know if Mike reads these but I was in his freshman ward and still good friends with him after his mission until I went on mine. I found your blog on Ty Mansfields. I have been wondering how Mike was doing and his family. It is so fun to see your cute family. I am glad you are all doing so well.
Amanda Earl Colby